DIY Stand-up Workstation - 2nd Gen

After a couple weeks of use and a visit from the OH & S lady, I made some changes to the setup.  Firstly, the barstool was not acceptable.  I really couldn't sit on it for any length of time. 

Also, there were a number of ergonomic practices I needed to apply.  The most important ones are making sure the chair is adjusted properly and that I'm sitting in it properly.  And that when typing or using the mouse the butt of the hand should not touch the desk nor bear any weight.  The movement for the mouse should come from the shoulder.  When not typing or using the mouse the hands should be resting on their side on the desk (as if holding a coffee mug).

I can now easily move the monitor, keyboard and mouse to a standing or seated position (see photos).  I find this much better as I now have a proper chair.  I start the day seated and switch to standing late morning.  I then switch back to sitting about mid-afternoon.

2nd Gen'n Sitting Configuration
2nd Gen'n Standing Configuration

Comments

Popular Posts