Exploding Kittens Silliness

 Dedicated to my friend JC on his birthday

My quest, it seems, is at an end for I have achieved what must be practically the silliest play possible in a round of Exploding Kittens. Allow me to explain.

We were recently introduced to a popular card game called Exploding Kittens. I won't go into the details of the game here but it's worth nothing that Defuse cards are the most valuable. Only one is issued to each player plus one more placed randomly in the deck. Another desirable card is the Nope of which there are 5 in a deck.

In playing the game with my children, I started getting a little bored and found making a silly play and taking a photo to be quite amusing.

For the round in question, I was playing one other person, so there is a total of three Defuse cards in the deck. We have no Expansions so we're playing only the original edition Exploding Kittens game. I will also state for the record that this was a legitimate game with no setup mistakes nor stacked deck. (Previously we accidentally had an extra Defuse card when I played my last, most-silliest play).

An Amazing Hand

The first unlikely event was the dealing of this extraordinary hand. It was only after seeing my hand that I realized the magnitude of the silliness that was possible. Out of a deck of 47, I had been dealt the only remaining Defuse plus 4 of 5 Nope cards.

A Very Silly Play

And here is the play; I set down 3 of a (quite valuable) kind to ask for a specific card. I ask for the third and final Defuse that I know my opponent has. I then play 3 (most prized) Defuse cards and ask for another specific card: a Defuse, which I know they do not have. So all 3 Defuse are completely wasted. There are possibly more silly plays in Exploding Kittens, but those are unlikely to ever happen.

To make things even more unlikely, I got mixed up with a game called Crazy Eights (which we learned recently) and succeeded in playing all my cards. This actually counts for nothing in Exploding Kittens however. I then went on to win the round when my opponent drew the one & only Exploding Kitten card. At the time they had a reasonable hand while I had only rubbish.

Winning the Round

It seems quite unlikely that I will ever play a more amazingly silly round of Exploding Kittens.

Comments

Popular Posts