Contribution - It's Own Reward

I've noticed on a couple occasions that contribution brings it's own kind of reward.  In one case my church was having a fund raiser for a child to get an electric wheelchair.  We contributed but as it turns out the goal probably would have been reached without our help.  But then I wouldn't have the privilege of knowing I was part of the response to address this child's need.

More recently, my church was putting on an event and for a couple reasons I couldn't help as much as I normally do.  Upon attending the event I didn't feel as part of the celebration as in previous years.  I was on the outside looking in; attending like anyone else and not 'owning' the event.

Someone used to say to me 'you get out what you put in', which I found to be true.  But contributing ones time, effort or money to achieve a worthwhile goal is different.  It's like capitalising on a lucrative investment opportunity.  Missing out is not a good feeling.  When I look back I want to know I spent my resources wisely.

Comments

Popular Posts