The Red Pill

I took part in a controversial self-improvement course over the weekend and I have to say the results are startling.  Initially I was concerned about hidden agendas however the benefits depended on me buying into the process and participating.  Being open to the ideas of the course wasn't easy, especially seeing as how my guard was up.  But I really felt the baggage of my past was too well hidden and all I had was clues; disturbing ones that suggested whatever I had been doing to date was not going to work for much longer.  If I didn't do something soon I knew my difficulties would become a catastrophe.

The course itself was very intense.  Many people shared their burdens as did I.  And there is no doubt many of us made monumental gains in dealing with our past.

The day after the course completed was quite challenging for me.  I tried to understand the course, as I am prone to do, and I began to recognize some of the methods employed.  I was outraged and embarrassed.  I felt betrayed by the speaker in whom I had trusted.  I even felt compelled to reach other 'victims' that were feeling deeply isolated from their peers.

During my attendance at the compulsory promotion night two days later I was feeling very torn.  The course had yielded irrefutable results despite using controversial methods.  And then it finally dawned on me that I only trusted things I understood.  It seemed that my analytical tendencies were actually a liability on this occasion and I just had to accept that I wouldn't fully understand or reconcile the course.

My view of the course right now is largely positive, and I recommend it to people that I see are in obvious pain like I was.  You see, the course requires commitment and trust in order to get results.  And to do that one must prefer trusting a controversial course over one's current situation.

The way I see it; I was offered the red pill.  I accepted it and I have no regrets; I'm at peace with all that entails.  However, I will follow up with those that do the course on my recommendation because I don't buy into everything that was taught.  And what if it was 'brainwashing'?  Well, it turns out I have been destructively brainwashing myself since a young age.  The course is merely trying to undo that.

Comments

Popular Posts