Placebo Dreams

Recently I went gluten-free to see if it would improve my health and help heal some injuries that seem to linger too long.  Despite having blood tests in the past that indicated I was not sensitive to gluten I have noticed things improve noticeably.  Now going gluten free also means eating healthier in general which might also explain my improved health.

More interesting is the possibility of the whole exercise being a placebo.  Which now I can understand whereas in the past I considered them a symptom of naivety.  I think it has a lot to do with the hope that is attached to the treatment.  That the chronic issues that have driven one to resignation (if not despair) may still be overcome.

So gluten-free I remain in the hope of resuming some of my old hobbies.  And that I might dream again.

Comments

Popular Posts