Life Is Good - For Now

Life for the moment seems to be especially good.  I know that will change but I'd like to list some of the things I like right now...

My toddler seems especially cute and somewhat manageable right now.  We've still got a long way to go but it seems a little easier to be a father right now.  We've also started her swimming lessons so that gives us something to focus on w.r.t her growth.

My unicycling is progressing quite well.  My trials and muni skills are starting to mature.  I also bought a reasonable mid-range 2nd hand unicycle for a good price.  I'm also finding enough time to do it regularly.

Rehabilitation for some old injuries and bad postural habits is starting to show results.  There is a ways to go but I no longer feel frustrated about them.

We're living comfortably within our means.  So financial stress seems to be at a minimum.  This might change soon as I feel the need to buy a house.

I'm doing a heap of interesting programming at work.  We're trying to develop a new product so there is no legacy or live systems to deal with right now.  This of course is only temporary.  But it's nice to have some green-fields work that I will recall fondly for some years.  The work environment is excellent too.

So it seems the only place to go is down.  That's OK.  The worst thing I can do is hold on too tight to a clearly temporary situation.

Comments

Popular Posts