Being Myself

Sustainable Software Development; I know a little about it.  Its all about the longer term benefits of taking the time to do things properly.  Or at least going back to tidy things up after a deadline required short cuts.

I understand that money is the primary motivator in business, and that fail fast is not a valued principle; trying to buy time is a common practice.  But what if money does not motivate me?  I don't want to go hungry but fancy cars and clothes don't motivate me either.  I'd like to produce what I consider elegant solutions.  Lots of different ones.

If all my desires are sacrificed on the alter of pragmatism, am I really alive?  It seems I'm just trying to find a way to be myself when I want to practice Sustainable Software Development.  Or maybe I just need to go hungry for a while.  Either way, I see some risk taking in my near future.

Comments

Popular Posts